Thursday 21 March 2013








Something old, something new

One thing I love doing is taking something old and turning it into something new! This way, you still get that antiquey look, but can make it your own.




I’ll let you in on my tricks on how to turn an old window/ mirror into a jewellery holder.
Obviously, you’ll need to find an old window or mirror. Luckily Sussex has tons of old barns you’re guaranteed to find something antiquey looking!
First thing you’ll need to do is clean up. If your frame has been sitting in a barn for years you’ll probably need to fix it up Bust out the glass (just be careful) and if it needs to be done, sand it down and touch up on the paint.

Once you have your frame all cleaned the fun can begin! There are tons of different options on how to hang your jewellery so be creative. I used C-hooks, which can be purchased at the dollar store, to necklaces. If you want to hang earrings chicken wire worked really well. For a more feminine look you could use lace. There are so many options so be crafty!

Hope you enjoyed a cute way to turn something old into something new!

 





 
 





Here's the jewlery holder I made!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job on your jewlery holder. Where did you find your supplies at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I got the window from my Gramparents barn and the c-hooks were just from the dollar store, and I believe the spray paint was from Canadian Tire!

    ReplyDelete